2.5

Good Morning,

I’ll admit, I love Amazon. I use it for almost everything. Kindle, Shopping, you name it. When it comes time to buy a new piece of equipment or item I look to Amazon first. I totally trust Amazon and my shopping is always a great experience. But my Amazon transaction with AZFamily left me confused, angry and without a solution. I was a victim of a scam on Amazon and I feel stupid because AZFamily (third party seller) got me like a little fish!!!

I ordered from AZFamily a Fitbit on June 22, 2018. I was suppose to receive it on August 6, 2018. I never received it. Yesterday, I went to see the tracking of the package and it is reported that the Fitbit was delivered on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 in Chicago, IL, US. I live in Canada and I made the order on June 22, 2018, how the Fitbit could be delivered on June 19, 2018!!! I contacted AZFamily, and I received no response. I've read AZFamily's comments on amazon.ca and many of the customers who bought from AZFamily have the same problem as me. Therefore, we can assume that it is a scam, big scam.

After that, I read that the newest scam to sweep Amazon is the use of fake third-party accounts. These deceptive accounts set prices for high end items far lower than their competition. Some samples include Fitbit which retail for about $199 sold for a mere $99. While lower than retail prices are normal on Amazon, these prices seem too good to pass up. Even if these prices seem like a scam, Amazon’s help sections says this “Sellers can set their own prices for the items they sell on Amazon. Prices for similar or identical items from other sellers can vary.” So, this could be legitimate, right? Here’s how the transaction goes down. You purchase your bargain product and you receive a confirmation email. In a couple of days, the item is marked as shipped by the seller. Here’s where things start to reveal themselves. The estimated delivery window is…three weeks. During this time, Amazon will run its regular billing cycle and deducts the amount from your account and pays the seller. After the item doesn’t arrive, or a piece of cardboard does, the seller will cite to Amazon that the package was delivered and signed for. Amazon will side with the seller because proof of delivery would exist and the seller would walk away with your cash (from an article by Melissa Gilmour, The Lickingnews).

Maybe Amazon should stop selling for AZFamily because their reputation will be damaged for good... I contact AZFamily a few times, and for sure, no answers. I contact Amazon about it and let's see how it goes.

Chantal a fish for the first time!

Product or Service Mentioned: Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Scam.